We all know that in today’s world both men and women are busy with their job. It is very difficult for all the mothers to take care of their family and children. All mothers want to make an easy and healthy recipe for their children. The recipe which I am going to share with you has all the solutions for your problems.
Pudina Rice Recipe is a simple preparation that is very popular in South India. It is a combination of mint leaves, rice, and vegetables with whole spices. Serve the pudina rice with plain curd (yogurt) or any other flavored curd.
Health Benefits of Pudina Rice:
- It is very useful during indigestion as it is a good source of antioxidants and phytonutrients.
- It is also served for cold problems.
- It is a good source of vitamins and minerals.
- It helps in improving immunity and Keeps safe from inflammation.
Ingredients for Pudina Rice Recipe (Mint Rice Recipe)
For Mint Paste
- 200gm mint leaves
- 100gm coriander leaves (cilantro leaves)
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 4-5 garlic
- 3-4 grated coconut
- 1/2 tbsp roasted coriander seed
- 1/2 tbsp roasted cumin seed
- 2-3 tbsp water for grinding
- 1-2 green chili
Other Ingredients for Pudina Rice
- 200gm basmati rice
- 2 cloves
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 black cardamom
- A small piece of stone flower (Kalpassi)
- 5-6 cashew nut
- 1-inch cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium potato
- 1 tomato
- 50gm green peas
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp red chili powder
- Salt as required
- 400ml water
Pudina Rice Recipe with Step by Step Photos
1. Wash the rice (Basmati Rice) and soak them in water for 25 minutes.
2. In griddle, add 1/2 tbsp cumin seed and 1/2 tbsp coriander seed and roast them till they become aromatic.
3. During the soaking process of rice, prepare a mint paste. In the grinding jar add 1/2 ginger, 4-5 garlic, 3-4 grated coconut, 1/2 tbsp roasted coriander seed, 1/2 tbsp roasted cumin seed, 1-2 green chili.
4. Add 200gm mint leaves.
5. Add 100gm coriander leaves.
5. Add 2-3 water to make a smooth mint paste. Add more if required while grinding.
6. Mint paste is ready.
7. After 25 minutes drain the rice and keep aside.
Making Pudina Rice Recipe
1. Heat 2-3 tbsp oil in the pressure cooker.
2. Add 2 cloves, 2 green cardamoms, 1 black cardamom, a small piece of stone flower (Kalpassi), 5-6 cashew nut, 1-inch cinnamon, and 1 bay leaf.
3. Fry the whole spices for 1 minute till they become aromatic.
4. Add 1 medium sliced onion.
5. Saute the onion till it becomes golden.
6. Add the mint paste into a pressure cooker.
7. Add 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder and 1/4 tbsp red chili powder. Stir and saute for 2 minutes.
8. Add 1 diced potato, 50gm green peas, and 1 diced tomato. Stir and saute for 2-3 minutes.
9. Add the drained rice and mix well.
10. Add 400ml water. Mix it well.
11. Add salt and stir again.
12. Cover the pressure cooker with the lid tightly. Cook the pudina rice on high flame for 2 whistles.
13. Settle the pressure on its own and remove the lid.
14. Serve the pudina rice hot with plain curd (yogurt) or any other flavored curd.
Tips and Variation:
- You can also use leftover cooked rice.
- You can also make mint rice by sauteing the pudina paste and then add cooked rice or you can make it in one pot only.
- You can directly cook the rice without soaking the rice.
- Required water to cook rice is may vary according to the type of rice and age of rice.
- You can add more vegetables according to the availability.
Taste: Spicy flavor goes good with pudina rice but you can change the spiciness of the mint rice as you make for children.
Serving Ideas: Mint rice can be served with curd (yogurt) or any kind of gravy with papad.
I hope you guys like this recipe, do share with your family and friends. You can also check my previous article about Mango Barfi.
If you want me to make your favorite recipe, then please comment in the comment box. You can share your views about the Pudina Rice Recipe (Mint Rice Recipe) in the comment box.