Hi everyone this is my new blog and today I am going to share with you poha recipe.
What Is Poha?
Poha is rice which is parboiled, flatten then dried to produce flakes. For poha recipe, different types of flakes are used, depending upon the pressure used in the flattening process.
Poha is also known as poha, powa, flattened rice, pressed rice, beaten rice and flaked rice.
Selection of Poha for Poha Recipe
Medium and fine flakes which are easily available in the market are best suitable for the poha recipe.
Poha is a Maharashtrian word for flattened or beaten rice. Poha is light and healthy breakfast which is very easy and quick to make. It is also used in many other South Indian breakfast recipes like idli preparation etc.
Ingredients for Poha Recipe
- 250 gm poha
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seed
- 3 tbsp peanut
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 2 tbsp sev
- 1 green chili chopped
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 medium-size onion
- Salt as per requirement
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp grated coconut
- Chopped fresh coriander for garnishing
Poha Recipe with Step by Step Photos
Rinsing of Poha
1. Wash the poha or rinse in water till they soften.
2. Check with your hands, poha is easily crushed and mashed.
3. Keep aside the rinsed poha.
4. Add salt and turmeric powder to the poha.
5. And mix gently.
Making Poha Recipe
1. Dry roast the peanut in a pan or kadai till they become crunchy.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seed and crackle them.
3. Then add onion and saute them till they become translucent.
4. Add curry leaves and chopped green chili.
5. Saute for a minute.
6. Add roasted peanut and sev into the pan or kadai and stir.
7. Add poha and mix well.
8. After every minute mix it very gently on low flame.
9. Cook the poha for 3-4 minutes.
10. Switch off the flame and sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice, and grated coconut.
11. Give a gentle mix and poha is ready to serve.
12. Serve poha hot with tea.
Poha Recipe Video
I hope you guys like this recipe, do share it with your friends and family. You can also check my previous article about Rajma Recipe.
If you want me to make your favorite recipe, then please comment in the comment box. You can share your views about the poha recipe in the comment box.