When I first heard about french fries recipe, I didn’t know that it was made with potatoes. In my college days, the first time I ate McDonald’s (finger chips) french fries. I thought it was very easy to make. I had to cut the potatoes and fry them.
When the first time I tried this recipe, the finger chips did not crisp and soft from inside at all, and my try of making a finger chips was failed. That time onward whenever I cook something, search all about that product and move forward to make that recipe perfect.
Best Potato for Finger Chips Recipe:-
Russet potatoes are the best for french fries. They are high in starch, dense and they don’t contain as much water inside, which allows them to get extra crispy. In India, chipsona potato (kufari aalu) is used for finger chips recipe. Chipsona aalu (potato) are low in starch and sugar.
So, here is the Perfect Homemade French Fries Recipe. I will share all the tips and tricks to make the finger chips crisp as well as soft from the inside and taste too good.
Health Benefits of French Fries:-
You may be wondering how can fried recipes have health benefits, but fried recipes also have health benefits. If you eat fried recipes every day, then they will cause many diseases in your body.
If you want to get health benefits from a fried recipe, then you have to take a fried recipe once in 15 days or once a month. And if you eat fried recipes daily, then it will increase your weight and there is a risk of many diseases.
Below are some health benefits of finger chips.
- Treats internal bleeding.
- Enhance immunity and helps in digestion.
- Lower the cholesterol.
- Treats arthritis.
- Prevent cramps and reduce stress.
- It eliminates free radicals.
Ingredients for French Fries Recipe:-
- Potatoes – 2
- Black Pepper Powder – 1/2tbsp
- Salt – 1tbsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1/2tbsp
- Cornflour – 2tbsp
- Oil for frying.
- Water as per requirement.
Finger Chips Recipe with Step by Step Photos:-
1. Take 2 medium size chipsona potato.
2. Wash the potatoes and then peel them.
3. Slice the potato in slices having 1/2 inch thickness. You can also use a french fry cutter.
4. Then slice the potato in 1/2 inch thick sticks.
5. Soak the potato sticks in cold water for at least 1 hour or more, longer you soak them, the better result you get or you can wash the potato sticks 2-3 times with cold water or tap water.
6. Drain the potato in a colander and wash the potato sticks one more time with runny water.
7. Take a pan, add water to the pan and add salt.
8. Bring to a boil and add potato sticks.
9. Cook the potato sticks for 5 minutes on medium flame.
10. Drain the potato sticks, place all the potato sticks on the kitchen towel, and pat dry them as dry as possible you can rest the potato sticks on a kitchen towel for at least 1 hour.
11. In a container spread 2 tbsp of cornflour on potato sticks.
12. Mix well and rest them in a refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour, longer you rest them, the better result you get.
1. Heat oil in a pan or kadhai. Having a temperature of 145 degrees Celcius. Keep flame medium.
2. Now add potato sticks in the oil. Add them in batches.
3. Fry them for only 3-4 minutes until the potato gets cooked.
4. Remove the first fry finger chips and place the cooked potato on a paper towel or kitchen towel. Pat with a kitchen towel to absorb extra oil. Cooldown the cooked potatoes at room temperature. Then you can keep the first fry potato sticks for 15 minutes in the refrigerator for better results.
1. Now oil having a temperature of 180 degrees Celcius. Keep the flame medium-high and add half fried potato sticks to the hot oil.
2. Fry them till they become crisp and golden.
3. Take out the finger chips and place them on a paper towel to remove the extra oil.
4. Take hot finger chips in the bowl, sprinkle some salt, red chili powder, black pepper powder or you can add your choice of herb.
5. Mix gently and toss the bowl, so that all the seasoning mix well.
6. Serve finger chips hot with any sauce. I have served the french fries recipe with chili tomato sauce.
Tips and Variations:-
- You can also use a finger chips cutter for better results.
- You can also fry potato sticks without blanching them.
- You can make a finger chips without peeling the potatoes.
Crispy from outside and when you bite, it is soft and fluffy from inside. It gives you sweat and salty taste.
You can serve them as a snack with different kinds of sauces like mayonnaise, tomato, chili sauce etc. It is also served in lunch and dinner.
I hope you guys like this recipe, do share with your family and friends. You can also check my previous article about the Pudina Rice Recipe.
If you want me to make your favorite recipe, then please comment in the comment box. You can share your views about homemade french fries in the comment box.