Mouth Watering! Hi everyone this is my new blog and today I am going to share with you aloo gobi.
It is a vegetarian dish from the subcontinent made with potato(aloo) cauliflower(gobi) and Indian spices. It is also popular in Bangladesh, Pakistan, India, and Nepali Cuisine.
It has many variations in its recipe as per ingredients availability. In some places aloo gobi prepared without onion and tomato. The best accompaniment to the recipe is chapati(roti) and naan.
Before starting the recipe, one common problem which is almost faced by everyone while cooking, it will become soggy.
So, here is the solution.
Before adding aloo gobi to the onion tomato masala, half cook the potato wedges and cauliflower florets or you can fry them which helps in retaining the shape and texture.
Ingredients for How to Make Aloo Gobi Recipe
- 300 gm cauliflower250 potato
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seed
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 medium size tomato
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger chopped
- 1/2 tbsp garam masala
- 1 green chili chopped
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- Salt as per requirement
- Chopped fresh coriander for garnishing
Aloo Gobi with Step by Step Photos
Preparation for Recipe
1. Cut the cauliflower in medium florets.
2. Peel and cut the potato in wedges.
3. Boil the water, add 1/2 salt into it.
4. Then add cauliflower florets into it for 3-4 minute.
5. Take out the cauliflower from the boiling water and keep aside.
6. Then add potato wedges in the same boiling water for 5 minutes.
7. Remove the potato wedges and keep aside.
Making Aloo Gobi Recipe
1. Heat 3-4 tbsp oil in kadai.
2. Add 1/2 tbsp cumin seed first and let them crackle and browned.
3. Add roughly chopped onion. Stir and saute them.
4. Keep saute the onion till they become translucent.
5. Add ginger and garlic and saute for a minute.
6. Add chopped green chili and saute for a minute.
7. Add roughly chopped tomatoes. Stir well and saute for 2-3 minutes.
8. Add 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder and 1/2 tbsp garam masala.
9. Saute the masala mixture till they start leaving a fat.
10. Add half cook cauliflower florets and potato wedges into the kadai.
11. Coat them with onion tomato masala.
12. Cook with an open lid for 12-15 minutes on low flame.
13. Add salt toward the end to prevent sogginess. Mix it well and cook for 1-2 minutes. Switch off the flame and add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
14. Recipe is ready to serve. Serve aloo gobi with roti and naan.
Aloo Gobi Recipe Video
I hope you guys like this recipe, do share it with your friend and family. You can also check my previous article about the poha recipe.
If you want me to make your favorite recipe, then please comment in the comment box. You can share your views about the aloo gobi recipe in the comment box.